I’m teaching reproducibility as part of a lecture for statistics beginners in the social sciences. I reserved seven slides for that and I have 15 minutes. What would you include?
I’m thinking of these topics, and I would really need input on how to rank these, or additions on what I missed. Please comment below or on twitter (@polscireplicate).
- Definition of reproducibility and research transparency
- Recent scandals in the social sciences
- How to save your project files in a transparent way (structuring your files)
- Software tools 1: Rstudio and Rscripts
- Software tool 2: knitr and R markdown
- What can happen if you don’t work reproducibly
If you know of lecture slides or other materials, please share the links so I can give them to my students. I will also publish a link list on this blog. Thank you!